I Anderson

Crochet

with a loaded prospect pool including

Adley

Mayer

Leiter

Jobe 

Lodolo

Would you trade Mayer for Cody and try to win now and bank on 2022 impact debuts for Adley and Lodolo and a bounce back for Cody?

I’d honestly rather role the dice with a prospect over Bellinger..

Outside or his hot start in 2019, he’s been no better than a .265 hitter. And he hasn’t come close to that even in 2020 or 2021.

Even if he returns to form, what is he? A 35 HR guy with mediocre batting average? And I don’t think you can count on him to steal the 10-15 bases he used to get…. If he’s just a streaky power guy, he’s just like 25 other guys that are available in drafts every year. Franmil Reyes, Jared Walsh. Adam Duvall types. 

I think Mullins, Tucker, Ohtani, Robert are all poised for big 2022's -- even with some expected regression for those first three. 
So in the sense that I wouldn't want to "waste" some of their prime years, and Mayer is a ways away from the bigs, I think I'd make the trade and hope Bellinger can have a semi bounce-back along the lines of: .260 - 85 - 25 - 80 - 8