NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Pavel Francouz, G - Col, 2021 Outlook

brakeyawself

Just curious where people see his value for upcoming season in both redraft and dynasty.

Not sure how big of an improvement Kuemper is to Grubauer.  But when both Grubauer and Francouz were healthy, Francouz got a lot of starts before he also went down with injury.  Then injury kept him out all last season.

But now that he’s healthy, what kind of so,it should be expected? I honestly wouldn’t be shocked if it were a 60/40 or even 50/50 split between Kuemper/Francouz for the regular season, which would really give Francouz great value, especially where he’s likely to be drafted relative to Kuemper.  I’d think his biggest issue this year will be trying to stay healthy.  But otherwise, he seems like a huge sleeper to me at his probable adp. And Kuemper isn’t the icon of health either.  So whomever ends up in goal for the Avs is likely going to put up very good fantasy numbers, I’d think even with a split.  

Dynasty, perhaps less so, but if he did end up changing teams in the future he could be given an opportunity to be the full time starter, depending on where of course.  

Anyway, thoughts this year and beyond?