Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jeff Wilson Jr. 2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

image.png.cf8810ce3a4651aafc71c712ddec564b.png

^^^ The first post in last year's Jeff Wilson Jr.'s outlook thread and had to post it in this year's outlook thread, because well...

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes" 

 

Mostert down for 8 weeks, Shanahan making Sermon a healthy inactive, Wilson is on the PUP list so he is out for the first 6 weeks confirmed. After that, has a chance to be the best RB in SF with Mostert still down if he comes back healthy. I'll be putting him in my IR slot.

 

Edited by next big thing cp84
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

They are. People playing on CBS can not 'stash' him in leagues that require a team issued IR tag.

CBS is trash. Anyone paying to create a private league whenever they can use a better platform like Yahoo for free is clueless. Can’t stash people on PUP 😂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

With Mostert now out for the year, I'm almost wondering if Wilson is the better guy to go after rather than spending all your FAAB on Mitchell if people think Wilson will be the guy once he comes back. You can get Wilson for a fraction of the price it's going to cost to get Mitchell.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

With Mostert now out for the year, I'm almost wondering if Wilson is the better guy to go after rather than spending all your FAAB on Mitchell if people think Wilson will be the guy once he comes back. You can get Wilson for a fraction of the price it's going to cost to get Mitchell.

It depends on when and if he's coming back... Shanny was kind of uncertain when he expects him back.  Definitely a great idea though

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

With Mostert now out for the year, I'm almost wondering if Wilson is the better guy to go after rather than spending all your FAAB on Mitchell if people think Wilson will be the guy once he comes back. You can get Wilson for a fraction of the price it's going to cost to get Mitchell.

If you don't think Mitchell is worth a ton of FAAB, go for it. Understand why that's the case, though. Wilson is a distant third in seasonlong ceiling behind Mitchell and Sermon. Really has more to do with your league's IR situation than anything else.

Edited by miasma16
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

With Mostert now out for the year, I'm almost wondering if Wilson is the better guy to go after rather than spending all your FAAB on Mitchell if people think Wilson will be the guy once he comes back. You can get Wilson for a fraction of the price it's going to cost to get Mitchell.

Didn't realize he was out for the year.  Here's the update for anyone that missed.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So we’re looking at a guy that has the potential to be part of a hot hand 4 man backfield when finally healthy, possibly with a dual threat QB in Lance starting at that time? Think I might pass.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, YK35 said:

So we’re looking at a guy that has the potential to be part of a hot hand 4 man backfield when finally healthy, possibly with a dual threat QB in Lance starting at that time? Think I might pass.

And you have to roster him for half a season too. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/13/2021 at 1:45 PM, MingusDew said:

My name is Jeff. Love this guy and if you have an IR spot it's time to stash.

My name is Jeff Jr! Also love this guy, I drafted him with my last round pick and moved him directly to my IR spot.  

He may not have a huge roll right out of the gate but he will put up RB1 #s for a few weeks once he is healthy and rolling again.  

Great option to have for bye week and late season injuries and cost you nothing if you have the IR slot. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Flynfiesta6 said:

My name is Jeff Jr! Also love this guy, I drafted him with my last round pick and moved him directly to my IR spot.  

He may not have a huge roll right out of the gate but he will put up RB1 #s for a few weeks once he is healthy and rolling again.  

Great option to have for bye week and late season injuries and cost you nothing if you have the IR slot. 

He's one of my favorite players. Every run it's like he's trying to smash through a brick wall head first. Guy is an animal.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, bp2504 said:

I’m sure many others are faced with this IR stash dilemma:

Bateman or Wilson 

Ravens seem to be passing more, but it’s still the Ravens 

wilson could come back to a full blown committee 

FWIW I dropped Bateman for Wilson.  I just can't see myself ever trusting a Ravens WR.  I could maybe see Wilson having some value in the right spots.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

FWIW I dropped Bateman for Wilson.  I just can't see myself ever trusting a Ravens WR.  I could maybe see Wilson having some value in the right spots.

That was my strategy with the 49ers RB's this year, I wanted a piece but didn't want to spend to much to invest since it seems to be an unpredictable revolving door.  Even if Mostert stayed healthy there would be weeks where the others were going to have value.  Wilson worked great because once he comes back you're at the point in the season where you have a pretty good feel as to what you have and who can be cut to move him to your bench. 

He's the #1 IR guy for me (that probably still available) and would hold him over everyone except Jeudy and MT. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Flynfiesta6 said:

That was my strategy with the 49ers RB's this year, I wanted a piece but didn't want to spend to much to invest since it seems to be an unpredictable revolving door.  Even if Mostert stayed healthy there would be weeks where the others were going to have value.  Wilson worked great because once he comes back you're at the point in the season where you have a pretty good feel as to what you have and who can be cut to move him to your bench. 

He's the #1 IR guy for me (that probably still available) and would hold him over everyone except Jeudy and MT. 

Yeah I must admit I teased you about the whole "avoiding injuries by taking the injured player" thing but given the way these guys play with backs it's a good call.  Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Yeah I must admit I teased you about the whole "avoiding injuries by taking the injured player" thing but given the way these guys play with backs it's a good call.  Thanks.

You did in the Sermon thread you rascal!

I was ahead of the curve on this one but as a Niners fan I have just seen this play out year after year.  There hasn't been a true workhorse since Shanny has taken over and probably never will be.  Why pay a guy 10mil a year when you can get similar production out of a 6th rounder. 

Sad from a fantasy perspective but happy to see it as a fan.  Wish Mostert would have stayed healthy for a chunk at least though, really wish we could see his full potential.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, born_free said:

Think the better move here (instead of blowing FAAB on Mitchell) is to pickup Wilson, stash on IR and then pickup Hasty for free. 

Yeah, I think people jumped to hard at Mitchell given the history here. In Yahoo leagues you can add Wilson from the WW straight to IR without even dropping someone. It's a really smart move. +700 total yards and 10 TDs last season in only 12 games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Spyplane said:

Yeah, I think people jumped to hard at Mitchell given the history here. In Yahoo leagues you can add Wilson from the WW straight to IR without even dropping someone. It's a really smart move. +700 total yards and 10 TDs last season in only 12 games.

Wilson is the exact reason why I think it was foolish to drop 100 percent on Mitchell like some did. He’s already on someone’s IR in all of my leagues, but I agree that he’s a good stash. I’d rather stash him than break the bank on Mitchell. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Wilson is the exact reason why I think it was foolish to drop 100 percent on Mitchell like some did. He’s already on someone’s IR in all of my leagues, but I agree that he’s a good stash. I’d rather stash him than break the bank on Mitchell. 

Yeah. Huge FAB moves need to have team changing upside for me. Who knows what happens later this month. The Mitchell frenzy might look really bad then. I wish them good luck though.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...