NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Do Commissioners of fantasy leagues deserve a gratuity or a free league fee?

edbuzz

If you enjoy your fantasy league and the commissioner does a good job running the league do you think he deserves a gratuity, say 10% of your winnings?

Or maybe a free league fee?

What are your thoughts?

I ask because I know it's a lot of work putting together a league with recruiting, collecting money, then administering the league and then paying out the money.

What do you think? 

I'd like to know

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, edbuzz said:

I appreciate your opinion

Thank you.

Have you commished a league?

I haven't. I've always played in leagues with different friends, and so our leagues have always been a reason to BS with friends who may no longer live in the same city, etc, so whoever is commissioner has kinda done it for the love of the game. I could see how it might feel different if you set up a league with a bunch of strangers, and put in a lot of work though

On 9/5/2021 at 1:00 AM, edbuzz said:

If you enjoy your fantasy league and the commissioner does a good job running the league do you think he deserves a gratuity, say 10% of your winnings?

Or maybe a free league fee?

What are your thoughts?

I ask because I know it's a lot of work putting together a league with recruiting, collecting money, then administering the league and then paying out the money.

What do you think? 

I'd like to know

I run a league and my league mates have offered to pay me, but I always decline.  Honestly, most fantasy websites are sophisticated enough that it shouldn't be that much work.  You can setup the league settings and usually it's just some b.s. that comes up during the league that you have to deal with.  Money shouldn't be that hard unless you are playing with deadbeats.  Just use Paypal.  The hardest part is replacing owners, but if you're in a good league the other owners will help.

I always appreciate the offer but it's really not bad.  I spend way more time managing my team than doing anything as commissioner.