NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Eury Perez SP MIA

Dirtywater97

15 minutes ago, Italian_guy said:

Why did you write that in Italian? 🤔

Is it Italian? I always thought it was Spanish. In Texan slang I've always thought of it as a more emphatic version of number one/best/etc. 

10 minutes ago, mavsfan23 said:

Anyone have any video from this year? Seems oddly difficult to find for someone with his hype, and he's supposedly added 30 pounds in the last year. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, mavsfan23 said:

FG just released their Marlins prospect list, he's numero uno. Pretty thorough write up. 

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/miami-marlins-top-35-prospects-2022/

The scary part is he still has soooooo much projection and filling out to do still. The velo can still even go up even more. This is why he's my #1 and I'm not even counting breaking ball and change up development. The natural extension he gets with a body his size along with that velo just isn't fair.

On 6/24/2022 at 11:06 PM, mavsfan23 said:

Is it Italian? I always thought it was Spanish. In Texan slang I've always thought of it as a more emphatic version of number one/best/etc. 

I checked and it's actually the same in both languages. Anyhow whichever language it will be fun to see when he'll be up. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

His command is so unreal, esp for a person of his stature. I expect when the Marlins brass determines he is ready for the jump to the bigs, that he will absolutely hit the ground running and contribute great innings. I still believe it'll be this season.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

His command is so unreal, esp for a person of his stature. I expect when the Marlins brass determines he is ready for the jump to the bigs, that he will absolutely hit the ground running and contribute great innings. I still believe it'll be this season.

I'm with you 💯  the ride he gets on his 4 seamer is impressive with the extension he gets to the plate. He has developing secondaries that I'd rate mlb average atm, certainly  enough to get hitters out with. What separates him apart and what I think will better prepare him for major league hitting is his advanced control and command of the strike zone. The kid can really spot his fastball and drop and a breaker off the plate not seen in someone this young and certainly not with this stature... he's a true 🦄 

36 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

Jose Fernandez????

The remote opposite of player build... his stuff isn't as electric as Jose was either. He's a really hard comp.

Gun to head I'd say Chris Young with a higher ceiling. Eury is superior advancement with how he can control his limbs at that size with the control he has at this age is unprecedented territory for a prospect.

• Like 1

Just now, Adam_Henderson said:

The remote opposite of player build... his stuff isn't as electric as Jose was either. He's a really hard comp.

Gun to head I'd say Chris Young with a higher ceiling. Eury is superior advancement with how he can control his limbs at that size with the control he has at this age is unprecedented territory for a prospect.

yea admittedly im not keen on eury, just going by what i read on here--mostly just being so dominant at such a young age with the K's.

chris young does not inspire confidence though LOL