NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Eury Perez SP MIA

Dirtywater97

• 2 months later...

How is this kid not higher in prospect lists? I get that he’s young and is a couple years away from the majors but he has all the look of a guy who’ll be a top 10 pitcher in baseball in a few years. He’s in Meh’s top 25 mid season prospect rankings*

* I don’t have any prospect rankings but I look forward to coming back to this post in 2023 to pat myself on the back.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2022 at 11:07 AM, Dirtywater97 said:

Prepare for a monstrous year boys. Looks filthy from what I can see in his start today. This kid may be up before/around 20 years old if they don't play games.

I hear he's staring at  A+ again, but if he starts at AA, there has to be a non 0% chance he could be up this year?

45 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

I hear he's staring at  A+ again, but if he starts at AA, there has to be a non 0% chance he could be up this year?

Yeah it'd have to really be pushing it. Just think he has that type of talent. Everything would have to go right pretty much. Plus I was a little extra hype after just watching some clips I could find of him since it was in back fields lol.

2 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

If he dominates AA he could be up this year.  Downside is he's not even the next prospect in line.

I'm thinking a trade for a bat or bats with some of these arms is coming and Eury is on the no touch list. That makes a lot of sense to me. Marlins and Padres been the big ones on Reynolds.

2 hours ago, Dirtywater97 said:

I'm thinking a trade for a bat or bats with some of these arms is coming and Eury is on the no touch list. That makes a lot of sense to me. Marlins and Padres been the big ones on Reynolds.

Yeah it's very possible. I could see them also getting rid of Eliser or someone else for cheap. I'm not worried about him being blocked long term, just for 2022 and nobody should be relying on eury for 2022 anyway. He's an 18 year old pitcher. The fact that he could come up as a starter this year is nuts itself and that should be the story.

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 2

The last time I was this pumped about a really young pitcher with both poise and stuff was Anderson Espinosa. Sadly that didn't work out so well. I'm heavily invested in Perez, but still disappointed I missed out on him in some other leagues. I'm counting on a much better return for Perez.