NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Max Meyer, SP, MIA

Fbaseballgod

Another terrible outing by Elieser Hernandez.  I think he gets called up this week.

There’s an awful lot of smoke here now. And Hernandez getting lit up today just adds fuel to the fire.

Who knows how soon but enough beat reporters are saying the same thing now. Feels close. Always a gamble but scooped him up. He’s got the stuff.

1 hour ago, Wytchclt55 said:

Where in the rotation does he currently line up?  Someone please tell me Elieser so we can get extremely excited

Everything I’ve read from beat writers suggests he would be taking Elieser’s spot in the rotation. But it’s all speculation at this point 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Wytchclt55 said:

Where in the rotation does he currently line up?  Someone please tell me Elieser so we can get extremely excited

Elieser would be lined up for Monday. Marlins are in the thick of several games in a row without an off day so he could get the call anywhere from Friday to Monday and just push everyone else back a day for a little extra rest. I’m going to guess Sunday and they push back Rogers to Monday to give him an extra day.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, PhilaFanBoy said:

Lame. Might be a few more weeks now.

There's the issue with very young players ... inconsistency.

I think this showed that Meyer isn't ready yet. Better to have a game like this in the minors than to struggle vs. big-league hitters who could have done far worst damage.

His day will come. Just not as quickly as some would like.

He kept trying to beat Keston Hiura w his fastball and Hiura took him deep twice. 

Meyer was having trouble locating slider last night so guys were waiting for the FB.

He was hitting 98 on gun, but he needs his slider working to make FB effective. 

yes, I was at game. 3rd time I’ve seen him pitch live this year. I don’t think there’s much to worry about here. He will be up by mid June or sooner.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Byebyebalboni said:

He kept trying to beat Keston Hiura w his fastball and Hiura took him deep twice. 

Meyer was having trouble locating slider last night so guys were waiting for the FB.

yes, I was at game. 3rd time I’ve seen him pitch live this year. I don’t think there’s much to worry about here. He will be up by mid June or sooner.

Lol need to post this in the hiura thread as the fastball has been the major hole in his swing. 

6 hours ago, Byebyebalboni said:

Probably not until he can avoid games like last night's, though.

Lot of guys throw 98 these days. The real good ones also have above average 2nd and 3rd pitches and control.

I like him a lot. Just hate to see him get rushed to the majors before he's ready.

Edward Cabrera's line tonight at Triple A: 4.2 IP, 6 H, 6 ER, 3 BB, 8 K

Cabrera didn't gain any ground on Meyer. Now Elieser Hernandez pitches tomorrow (Sunday) against the Brewers. We'll see how that goes.

1 minute ago, WTP333 said:

but, Meyer and/or Cabrera could be up soon, as well

Meyer last pitched on Thursday, the 12th. Marlins next opening might be Thursday, the 19th. Elieser Hernandez pitches today. Marlins could callup Meyer this week and either have Luzardo take Hernandez's spot when he returns or Meyer's if he were to not be major league ready after a couple of starts.

No guarantees, but interesting development...sucks for Luzardo. Not sure how severe the forearm injury is.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Sounds like there might be a chance for Meyer on Tuesday.... I can't find the quote but Marlins' fans are saying Mattingly said that they haven't talked to the player they intend to start on Tuesday yet....Tuesday is 5 days after Meyer's last start.

Edited by PhilaFanBoy

4 hours ago, PhilaFanBoy said:

Sounds like there might be a chance for Meyer on Tuesday.... I can't find the quote but Marlins' fans are saying Mattingly said that they haven't talked to the player they intend to start on Tuesday yet....Tuesday is 5 days after Meyer's last start.

Save yourself the faab now and add him before he goes for 50%

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Terrible timing….

Awesome. Ugh. That's two bad outings in a row, also. Feel like we're looking at mid-June now (if we weren't already).

Edited by PhilaFanBoy