NBC Sports EDGE Forums

A League of Transactions - Mr. G's ESPN league

Boudewijn

I think Mr. G had a existing league he was referring to originally in the thread you saw on assistant coach forum. But then he made a new league and this is what you and I joined. He has it set to 10 keepers of 17 roster spots total. And draft at 60 seconds per pick. A slow draft might be fun because we could post picks here for example. Then we could discuss each pick as they occur. I’ve never done a slow draft though. So it might take a very long time? What is your preference?

On number of keepers we could make it say... 14. Then have a 3 round rookie draft each year to get us to 17 players. The order could go in reverse order of final standings from previous season. If someone trades for picks they have to keep less players to accommodate their picks I guess. Or they draft more and just have a roster cut down deadline after the draft. Say you have to get down to 17 players within one day after the draft.

Then if people kept fewer than maximum they would need to use waiver claim process to round out their team. Might make it a sort of supplemental draft of sorts. If you didn’t like a keeper or a rookie you drafted you can use waiver claim to swap players out. But some people will be rewarded if they don’t make transactions because they will get highs priority for waiver gems early in the season. Can imagine some strategy might be involved there.

So these are some thoughts. Feel free to discuss and propose. I think G is open to suggestions because he mentioned he didn’t know if we would have a rookie only draft each year. I like the idea of a rookie draft because it would give us something to do in summer after the real nfl draft. That could be slow draft too so we can discuss peoples picks Razz each other too. 🤣

Sorry guys I live close to where chaos is going on in my city and just have been out of it the past 12 hours.  All I know for now is I prefer keeping the settings as they are and the idea of a rookie draft is on my mind as well.  A rookie draft would have to be offline though, and not sure yet if we should include rookies on regular rosters for now.  Maybe have them listed on a spreadsheet separate.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mr. G said:

Sorry guys I live close to where chaos is going on in my city and just have been out of it the past 12 hours. 

Sorry about that man. I just lived through half a year of that (in HK) and it ain't fun.

Take it easy. Make sure you're safe, stay away from people who would do you harm and see you in a couple days.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Sorry about that man. I just lived through half a year of that (in HK) and it ain't fun.

Take it easy. Make sure you're safe, stay away from people who would do you harm and see you in a couple days.

Thanks man!  Glad your ok from HK.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mr. G said:

Sorry guys I live close to where chaos is going on in my city and just have been out of it the past 12 hours.  All I know for now is I prefer keeping the settings as they are and the idea of a rookie draft is on my mind as well.  A rookie draft would have to be offline though, and not sure yet if we should include rookies on regular rosters for now.  Maybe have them listed on a spreadsheet separate.

Looks like we are all full. That didn’t take long. 

1 hour ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Looks like we are all full. That didn’t take long. 

Yeah, no kidding!  People want some sports already to begin!

1 hour ago, hockeyfan77 said:

Crap, I missed out, went off the grid for the weekend...If any spots open up, let me know

I thought you joined hockey

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Having trouble with espn site despite being an espn plus subscriber. Anyone else experiencing problems? Bad lag

Yeah I had something similar, I pressed enter and though nothing happened, so I clicked submit and then I had a double post.

Doesn't ESPN have mock drafts? I can't seem to find it.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2020 at 3:34 PM, hockeyfan77 said:

Crap, I missed out, went off the grid for the weekend...If any spots open up, let me know

Hi hockeyfan, we might have an opening if your still interested.  I´ll know by tomorrow morning.  Let me know if your still interested.  Thanks.