Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Kenyan Drake 2020 Outlook


FantasyGuru24
 Share

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I have a theory. Hear me out on this:

Interesting reading that Drake doesn't look as explosive as he did and doesn't have that second gear considering that is EXACTLY what happened to DJ after coming back from his wrist injury. So I began to wonder, "is there any correlation?" Now, as someone who has watched "Sherlock" I pride myself at being a very good detective so I decided to dive in.

Chase Edmonds entered the league at the same time as DJ started to fall off the cliff from a running ability standpoint. Now this may be just a coincidence but get this - EDMONDS IS ALSO DRAKES BACKUP. The fact that Drake looks like he is a step behind same as DJ doesn't sit well with me. Is Edmonds poisoning the water so he can take over? Is he slowly putting something in the starting RBs food causing them to slow down? This much is unclear. From my research (which is only wikipedia) there's no history of Edmonds doing this. However, just something to keep in mind...

 

 Lol, could be the case. Drake seems a step slower this season and it looks like to me that this could all be on purpose. He looks heavier than he has in prior seasons so he may have added the additional bulkiness to help cope with a 16 game season, that is my theory or at least what I have observed watching drake play but agree with others his burst from last year is not the same

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I have a theory. Hear me out on this:

Interesting reading that Drake doesn't look as explosive as he did and doesn't have that second gear considering that is EXACTLY what happened to DJ after coming back from his wrist injury. So I began to wonder, "is there any correlation?" Now, as someone who has watched "Sherlock" I pride myself at being a very good detective so I decided to dive in.

Chase Edmonds entered the league at the same time as DJ started to fall off the cliff from a running ability standpoint. Now this may be just a coincidence but get this - EDMONDS IS ALSO DRAKES BACKUP. The fact that Drake looks like he is a step behind same as DJ doesn't sit well with me. Is Edmonds poisoning the water so he can take over? Is he slowly putting something in the starting RBs food causing them to slow down? This much is unclear. From my research (which is only wikipedia) there's no history of Edmonds doing this. However, just something to keep in mind...

spacer.png

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, kdpat15 said:

 

 Lol, could be the case. Drake seems a step slower this season and it looks like to me that this could all be on purpose. He looks heavier than he has in prior seasons so he may have added the additional bulkiness to help cope with a 16 game season, that is my theory or at least what I have observed watching drake play but agree with others his burst from last year is not the same

Oh that's a good one!

Drake and DJ are basically Hansel and Gretel. Edmonds is just bringing all his RBs donuts everyday. Death by a thousand cuts and no one will suspect a thing.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The lack of receptions and TD's hurts, no doubt, but what's missing from Drake's resume this season that really concerns me is big plays.

And my concern has less to do with Drake, and more to do with how opposing DC's are scheming against Arizona. When you're defending 3-4 WR sets all game and you have an electric player like Murray at QB, you give them the 3 yard runs up the middle so you can defend wider and hopefully keep Murray in the pocket. 

That's why Drake's two longest runs of the year are 16 yards and 15 yards. When you defend the Cardinals, you play "bend don't break" and limit big plays as much as possible. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, gsiegel said:

Not much else to do at this point. Not selling low.

Cards do have the Panthers #31 ranked run defense this week, so that's something to hang hope on.

 

That plus the next few weeks. He's not injured. He's getting tons of touches. There are worse out there. You just have to stick him at Flex and wait it out. The next time you have to think about it is if he has a big game, then you have to make the call whether to stick or twist.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, gsiegel said:

Not much else to do at this point. Not selling low.

Cards do have the Panthers #31 ranked run defense this week, so that's something to hang hope on.

 

I wish this argument was enough to convince me to be optimistic this week, but he put up a dud against the #32 ranked run defense last week. I thought he would vault into being a top 5 guy this year, safe to say that call was wrong. At this point I'd be solidly happy with high RB2 - some TD regression seems likely given his workload.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

the problem is no passes...without passes he is an rb2...tds will come but the lack of passing to the back is killing the value here....chase edmunds needs to break a leg or something...not that u wish that but it seems like there arent many screens or ways of getting drake the ball in space

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, jpark211 said:

im so torn if I should buy low on this guy right now... drake truthers, any convincing arguments?

All depends on how low we are talking. At the end of the day we are only 3 games into the season. I don’t really make trades this early unless I’m the one with the ski mask on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, kdpat15 said:

if he doesn't blow up against Carolina, I think we can call it a day with him. Panthers run d is garbage 

 

What does "call it a day" mean though? I mean, he's bang on RB24 in 0.5PPR, which obviously means the lowest-of-the-low RB2s but still a decent Flex. There's an argument that we're seeing the floor here. You're not going to drop him. He's essentially a bust, but not as bad a bust as Mixon, and he's still standing, with a lot of touches. Not going to drop him, not going to get value for him but you can plug him into your Flex and forget.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, leffe186 said:

 

What does "call it a day" mean though? I mean, he's bang on RB24 in 0.5PPR, which obviously means the lowest-of-the-low RB2s but still a decent Flex. There's an argument that we're seeing the floor here. You're not going to drop him. He's essentially a bust, but not as bad a bust as Mixon, and he's still standing, with a lot of touches. Not going to drop him, not going to get value for him but you can plug him into your Flex and forget.

if he doesn't blow up against Carolina, all im saying is he isn't a RB1 which is most of us were hoping when drafting him this year in re-drafts. My expectations were much higher for being my first pick. Obviously you have to play him but the situation sucks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic
  • tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...