NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Corbin Carroll OF ARI

Tryptamine

2 hours ago, fbplayer03 said:

Another big night - 16th HR 

And his 20th SB. Also worth noting this was a road game he did it in. I posted previously about how his home road splits were pretty drastic. Road OPS up to .920 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, to_be_quite_frank said:

And his 20th SB. Also worth noting this was a road game he did it in. I posted previously about how his home road splits were pretty drastic. Road OPS up to .920 

He does have 10 HR in 29 home games, but he also has 6 HR in 26 road games to go with a .270/.390/.530 slash line. Not shabby lol. He's just so ridiculously good at home (.368/.479/.769). 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mastermin(d)esign said:

Will he get called up soon if he keeps this up?

If I were betting on it, I'd say it's very very unlikely. Then again I woulda said the same thing about Alek Thomas too. I think the most likely scenario is he gets promoted to AAA after the all-star break, and starts there next year just long enough to perfect his defense(about 16 days) then he'll be up. Always the chance he goes nuts in ST next year and forces the issue.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Carroll is very unlikely to be called up this year...and if he does...it'll probably be a cup of coffee in September.

Chances are good that he'll be promoted to AAA sometime in the next 45 days, and will likely spend the remainder of the year there.

If he's successful, he should have a pretty good chance to make the team out of camp next spring.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kaytwo said:

This falls under duh & true until it isn’t, but the D-Backs Assistant GM last week said Carroll isn’t skipping AAA, but can imagine a September call up if he’s best option & in the hunt.

https://arizonasports.com/story/3187404/d-backs-assistant-gm-no-timeline-for-top-prospect-corbin-carroll/amp/

As a dbacks fan I can confidently say you don’t have to worry about them being in the playoff hunt in September lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, KrunK said:

As a dbacks fan ...

You're a Diamondbacks fan, eh?

I've been looking to revisit that trade of Dansby Swanson, Ender Inciarte, and Aaron Blair for Shelby Miller.  What are you thoughts several years later?

Edited by Overlord

6 hours ago, Overlord said:

I've been looking to revisit that trade of Dansby Swanson, Ender Inciarte, and Aaron Blair for Shelby Miller.  What are you thoughts several years later?

So good they said fill-er-up-again and traded Jazz for Gallen. While it doesn't look that bad currently, I think the Jazz-Gallen trade will look equally horrible in ten years. 

9 hours ago, Overlord said:

I think that’s pretty obvious lol. Was trash then and it’s even more trash now with DS balling out. 

2 hours ago, mavsfan23 said:

So good they said fill-er-up-again and traded Jazz for Gallen. While it doesn't look that bad currently, I think the Jazz-Gallen trade will look equally horrible in ten years. 

Yeah we will see how that pans out. But if jazz keeps hitting with this much power and Gallen continued being more of an 8.x k/9 guy than the 10+ he flashed it’s not so good. Working out for both teams so far at least and both team’s had excess talent at the position they traded away. I think at the time most fans were happy. Our farm system was and is lacking top of the rotation arms. 

Love the talent but he is 5'10" | 165 and already has had shoulder surgery which is unusual for that age.   The injury occurred when hitting a HR.

I see another Buxton here.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, thejamman said:

Texas League: Some home/road splits worth noting. 

PCL: Where we're going we don't need splits. 

Idk if you're old enough to remember Joc in the PDL PCL but he'd fling oppo field lazy fly balls over the fence constantly. He went 30/30 in 120 games haha

Edited by to_be_quite_frank
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, to_be_quite_frank said:

Idk if you're old enough to remember Joc in the PDL PCL but he'd fling oppo field lazy fly balls over the fence constantly. He went 30/30 in 120 games haha

I was lucky enough to catch Joc, near his prospect apex, in person at citi field for the milb all-star game farther back than I care to admit. Despite his PCL stats I still had my doubts. By the time his batting practice was over I had an apology being peer reviewed. 

Back to Carroll though. All I want to note is that 2/3 outfielders in today's lineup are batting under 200 (Hummel and Luplow). The demand for his call up will only increase from here. 

• Like 2