NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Miguel Vargas - 3B LAD

FouLLine

I guess the other thing I think is that he could get traded if LAD wants a Major League arm down the stretch. He is blocked. He is not playing in the show absent injury. Maybe they spin him for an asset that helps this year. 🤷‍♂️

Still hitting. Every stop the man just hits.

He’s up to .317/.418/.514 with a .932 OPS, 5 HR 3SB and a 1:1 K:B as a 22 year old in AAA. Insane. 

it’s tough to predict him up soon because of the Dodgers roster but he may just force their hand.

• Like 3

Recent Article: All their words, not mine.......... https://www.dodgersnation.com/dodgers-prospects-miguel-vargas-is-having-a-great-month-of-may/2022/05/24/

At the end of April, Vargas started to heat up and carried it into May. Now that he seems to have settled in, he is really taking off. So far, his May slash is .368/.467/.632 with four home runs in 76 at-bats. He has struck out only 11 times while walking 14.

Josh Thomas
@jokeylocomotive
One more note about Vargas - his max exit velo this season of 112.7 mph is higher than any member of the Dodgers. Obviously Triple A pitching is easier to hit than MLB, but the point is that power is often the last tool to show up, and it appears to be doing that rn with Vargas. https://t.co/DOLrUZJNh4
11:08 AM · May 23, 2022

On the offensive side of the ball, he seems almost ready to hit major league pitching. If he was on a lesser team, he might already be in the major leagues. For now, he remains at Triple-A as his defense at third is still a work in progress. He has also received some starts at second base and first base. I believe he will make his debut with the Dodgers sometime this season. If he is brought up before mid-August it would probably be due to an injury. He will not be brought up early to just sit.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Sure is. I saw that Rios basically torn his hammy off the bone, he is gonna be out for months--I'd guess.

Muncy may not be right all year with the elbow. J Turner needs days off to be managed for health.

ABs have got to be coming soon...

• Like 1

Problem with Vargas is the Dodgers are just so damn deep. Even with the blow for Turner, Vargas won’t get as much p/t as is required for fantasy. An injury to Justin T might be the only way we get an earnest look at what Vargas can do in that lineup

• Like 2

Popped another HR yesterday (#10) his hit streak ended the other day but he reached via BB. So on base streak still alive and goes back to May 27th. He will prob need to keep this up for a minute, but no reason to think he can't...and likely continue to raise his batting average in the process. Pretty soon more attrition at the big league level will make his call up necessary, but they could still pull the trigger any day now. No reason they could not fit him into this lineup 5-6 games a week right now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hits and 4 BB with 1K over the weekend, and 2 steals...meanwhile Taylor, Turner and esp Muncy seem to be very light on the production and Mookie to the IL. Any more injury issues in LA and this kid has to be getting a look, even without them it seems like a great time to get his feet wet.

4 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

5 hits and 4 BB with 1K over the weekend, and 2 steals...meanwhile Taylor, Turner and esp Muncy seem to be very light on the production and Mookie to the IL. Any more injury issues in LA and this kid has to be getting a look, even without them it seems like a great time to get his feet wet.

I’m guessing the Dodgers have to be thisclose to relieving Muncy of everyday ABs. 

8 minutes ago, chucky said:

Would you drop 0 for 25 Espinal, for a speculative Vargas add?

Yeah -in a vacuum without knowing league details- I would prefer Vargas, both for redraft and dynasty purposes.

Vargas has a more impactful bat in just about every way imo.

• Thanks 1