NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Trey Burton 2018 Outlook

Bastardo!
Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, banana said:

Absolutely droppable. Averaging 3.6ppg in standard over the last 5 weeks. Almost better off playing with no TE, at least then you don't lose your s--- every time this prick drops an easy catch.

Standard hes droppable, PPR not so much

7 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

I would take him in the 5th ez, really only TE I can target after Ertz/Kittle/Kelce is Henry

Henry probably will be a late round value since he didn't play at all this year. I could see him going around where Jordan Reed was this year and being worth reaching a round or two earlier for, given the mess TE is.

2 hours ago, LongBalls said:

This dude is the perfect waiver wire land mine. Drop him to your wire and someone will definitely run to burn FAAB and grab him. You are effectively sabotaging your opponents.

Laughable. 

It’s analogous to walking your dog and it pooping on the sidewalk and you  leaving it there.

Most people will just walk right by it.   A small number will pause and think about picking it up because it seems the right thing to do.  But then realize how ridiculous it is to pick up someone else’s dog’s crap.

Maybe some insane homeless dude walks by and grabs it off the ground and rubs it all over his face.

But that’s not the guy you’re worried about in fantasy football.

20 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Laughable. 

It’s analogous to walking your dog and it pooping on the sidewalk and you  leaving it there.

Most people will just walk right by it.   A small number will pause and think about picking it up because it seems the right thing to do.  But then realize how ridiculous it is to pick up someone else’s dog’s crap.

Maybe some insane homeless dude walks by and grabs it off the ground and rubs it all over his face.

But that’s not the guy you’re worried about in fantasy football.

Lol.  

Tell me I’m wrong though.

GD this guy... owning him the equivalent of owning a popcorn fart...I am so mad I keep running him out there... thinking this is the week.... totally agree with super joint... he looked like he's never played football yesterday and doesn't get targets....

2 minutes ago, hard1 said:

GD this guy... owning him the equivalent of owning a popcorn fart...I am so mad I keep running him out there... thinking this is the week.... totally agree with super joint... he looked like he's never played football yesterday and doesn't get targets....

Trying to imagine exactly what a popcorn fart is. 

2 minutes ago, hard1 said:

Sorry...I don’t get the analogy.  What is owning a popcorn fart like?

11 minutes ago, hard1 said:

I dont think I own one of those 

21 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Lol.  

Tell me I’m wrong though.

I dropped him in a competitive league a few weeks ago and he was immediately picked up for not insignificant FAAB dollars. He's had a couple duds since then, however, so maybe the name value isn't even there anymore. I dunno. He's obviously been surfing on draft capital for most of the season.

I think next season Burton will be good, after building more rapport with Trubiski in their 2nd season together.  There really isn't any Bear receiver or player that has been consistent this season.  That won't be the case next season.

Archived