NBC Sports EDGE Forums

The Gold STANDARD League

Impreza178

Just now, jbshaw said:

While my starters typically are drafted barring injury, I finish most seasons with half my team picked up/traded.  Best ball probably isn't for me. 

Fair enough, it definatley a different feel, bigger rosters and lottery ticket guys hold some nice value like the darren sproles or the tedd ginns of the world who are usually good for a home run here or there.

I agree, my managed teams are usually completely different from the ones i drafted as well, except for the 14+ team leagues. Its damn hard to make a trade in those sometimes lol

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't done a best ball yet, but can see the value of the spin on this kind of league... your complete roster is active.

Does away with those random weeks where your bench outscores your starters... we've all been there... <_<

12 hours ago, jbshaw said:

While my starters typically are drafted barring injury, I finish most seasons with half my team picked up/traded.  Best ball probably isn't for me. 

I was a bit skeptical about it before I started last year, but it turned out to be a lot of fun.   You can get in some early drafts and not have to worry about team management during the season.  It's also great prep work for deeper drafts since bestball teams draft like 20 players.

5 hours ago, Winky said:

20 days until the NFL Draft... giggity!

yo Winky,  I'm getting pumped for draft day ahead too.

Who or what position are you hoping the Giants take at 23?    I figure OL and LB are big needs for your GMEN

7 minutes ago, BlakeP42 said:

yo Winky,  I'm getting pumped for draft day ahead too.

Who or what position are you hoping the Giants take at 23?    I figure OL and LB are big needs for your GMEN

I'd really like to see them go OLine in the 1st and grab any of Cam Robinson, ALA, Ryan Ramczyk, WISC or Garrett Bolles, UT.

If they opt for a LB, I'd want them to take a long look at Jabrill Peppers, MICH... he's a bit of a tweener, but what a great athlete.

If they pass on OL & LB, then, hopefully, it's to grab one of the top 2 TEs - either OJ Howard, ALA or David Njoku, MIA

My pipedream pick would be Dalvin Cook, but I can't actually see him getting passed Indy or Carolina.

There are so many directions they can go in Rd2...

8 minutes ago, Winky said:

I'd really like to see them go OLine in the 1st and grab any of Cam Robinson, ALA, Ryan Ramczyk, WISC or Garrett Bolles, UT.

If they opt for a LB, I'd want them to take a long look at Jabrill Peppers, MICH... he's a bit of a tweener, but what a great athlete.

If they pass on OL & LB, then, hopefully, it's to grab one of the top 2 TEs - either OJ Howard, ALA or David Njoku, MIA

My pipedream pick would be Dalvin Cook, but I can't actually see him getting passed Indy or Carolina.

There are so many directions they can go in Rd2...

good stuff winky.  I think the GMEN have done really well investing in Collins, Apple, and of course bringing over Jenkins that secondary will be off the table in the first two rounds.  Peppers is a heck of an athlete i agree, but i think he needs to land on a team with a creative DC in order to get his skill set to translate to the next level.  You're correct, he's a tweener so its hard to know what will suite his skill set best.  I think Peppers falls to the early second.

I think Robinson/Ramczky would be great picks and one that could impact the team right away, which they need badly at that spot.  Maybe if a few OL guys start falling into the second round range that they like, i could see them taking a luxury pick in a TE though, i agree.  Adding Howard, Engram, or Njoku to that offense is a scary thought, but again, more of a luxury.

Regarding Cook, if he makes it to 23 i think the Giants think pretty hard about it, but ultimately they will probably try and give Perkins/Vereen/Draughns a shot to carry the load, an invest up front to see if that gets them taking a step forward.    

I'm always curious about the NFC East more then anything so thats why i wanted to hear your opinion.  Cant wait for the draft!!!

31 minutes ago, Winky said:

Guessing you are a Cowboy fan?

What do you want your boys to do?

born and raised...

my ideal player i'd like to see the Cowboys get is DE Derek Barnett.  Problem is, i highly doubt he slips that far.  I actually think he's a player that if he by some chance gets into the early 20's, i'd like to see the Cowboys move up to get him. I think he's going to be a very good player.  Jerry likes movement in the draft traditionally, I'm just unsure if they can afford to give up picks to move up in the draft this year, or for next.

The Cowboys need to pretty much invest everything they got in defense, so this first pick should be a DE or CB, IMO.  

I also like:

DE McKinley, problem here is, here is another injury scare player that the Cowboys probably can't afford to mess around with.  Talented player tho.

DE TJ Watt:  i like this guys motor and he's got a lot of talent.  I think he could fit well within Marenelli's system

DE Charlston is a solid pick, his stats have climbed up the charts yearly and he gets in the backfield often

DE Harris has been mentioned linked to the Cowboys a lot, i like him but i think he's raw and will need time to develop.  I think he should go second round instead of the first

If by some chance CB Conley made it to 28, and the DE's i like are gone, Conley is a nice pick and a player I'm really starting to like the more i see

CB's Jackson and King also have my interest

It's a simple set up...I want to see if ffc can make it out of a division filled with espn owners, he can test me with whoever he wants.

Only hurdle(s): I do not play auctions, and do not draft early.

It does not matter to me if this takes flight, but it'd be an interesting case-study for the forum.

Going to politely bow out of this league.  

Not at all interested in this sub-plot rivalry nor having either of you be my "captain".

@Impreza178, appreciate the invite and would be open to other leagues as we approach the season. 

1 hour ago, Winky said:

Not at all interested in this sub-plot rivalry nor having either of you be my "captain".

@Impreza178, appreciate the invite and would be open to other leagues as we approach the season. 

Yes, public leagues have their place & purpose.

3 hours ago, psygolf said:

It's a simple set up...I want to see if ffc can make it out of a division filled with espn owners, he can test me with whoever he wants.

Only hurdle(s): I do not play auctions, and do not draft early.

It does not matter to me if this takes flight, but it'd be an interesting case-study for the forum.

My opinion...unless either of you win the league it wouldn't prove anything. For example, if I was in your division and beat you, how does that reflect on FFC? Furthermore, my ability to compete in a league doesn't have anything to do with what my forums of choice happen to be.

12 minutes ago, mrblonde1984 said:

My opinion...unless either of you win the league it wouldn't prove anything. For example, if I was in your division and beat you, how does that reflect on FFC? Furthermore, my ability to compete in a league doesn't have anything to do with what my forums of choice happen to be.

Not out to prove anything, and it would not bother me to lose to a veteran such as yourself in the least wee bit...but it would be enjoyable to see ffc at the bottom of the standings whilst he receives his weekly spanking from my selected crew.

22 hours ago, Iron-cock said:

FFCollusion mentioned that Psygolf is already in a special division of users he hand picked:

Ignore.png

I'm pretty if presented the opportunity to compete against ffc, Axe would come back to this forum in a hot second...(chuckle)

On 4/10/2017 at 11:03 AM, Winky said:

Going have to agree here. I'm just interested in playing and winning for myself, not for all this other stuff that I'm having a hard time following anyway. @Impreza178 if a semi-normal league is formed at some point, I'll likely get in.

@vikingapocalypse

@BlakeP42

@boltup15

@96mnc

@mrblonde1984

@Iron-cock

@Winky

@dabeesta17

@petekrum

@jbshaw

@Hawkeye21

First 12 for The Rotoworld GOLD standard league forming this summer. Expect formal invites in June.  

@FFCollusion, if you want in- shoot me a PM and we will go 14 teams.  

We will vote on all settings within the framework of a standard league-  Just like the .5 PPR league that has been wildly successful.  

Side note-  I wish u luck with your challenge format, @psygolf.   Happy to join if it works out.  

Archived