NBC Sports EDGE Forums

The Gold STANDARD League

Impreza178

2 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

U get Pete, Blake, and myself in your division...one cannot simply collude and overcome that advantage 

:D

You misunderstood, I'm picking you guys to fill a division with FFC, he picks 5 to fill a division with me in it. He gets to try his luck facing you guys twice...if he survives, he can face me in the playoffs.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, psygolf said:

You misunderstood, I'm picking you guys to fill a division with FFC, he picks 5 to fill a division with me in it. He gets to try his luck facing you guys twice...if he survives, he can face me in the playoffs.

Honestly, seems like y'all should take turns picking who is in what division.  Can't be having this "I claim the 1, 2, 3, 5, and 6 seeds in your division.  You can have 4, 7, 8, 9, and 10 in my division. (Obviously we don't have seeds [dibs on last seed if we do], but you get the idea). 

24 minutes ago, jbshaw said:

Honestly, seems like y'all should take turns picking who is in what division.  Can't be having this "I claim the 1, 2, 3, 5, and 6 seeds in your division.  You can have 4, 7, 8, 9, and 10 in my division. (Obviously we don't have seeds [dibs on last seed if we do], but you get the idea). 

JB, i think its more about Psy picking the old ESPN board guys that used to chat it up with him vs FFC and some of the regular roto members of his choosing.  

1 hour ago, jbshaw said:

It was my suggested league, I have stated the setting, my side has agreed to the early terms.  The other side is for FFC to fill out, should HE choose to participate...this cannot be moderated.

Prez, 10 teams might work better...8 divisional matchups, 5 games outside of the division.

FFC                          Psygolf

Prez                              ?

Pete                 vs         

Blake     

Synd/Rav/Pack

1 minute ago, psygolf said:

Prez, 10 teams might work better...8 divisional matchups, 5 games outside of the division.

FFC                          Psygolf

Prez                              ?

Pete                 vs         

Blake     

Synd/Rav/Pack

Suggestions: Blonde, Iron, Josh, & Bolt.

2 hours ago, psygolf said:

It was my suggested league, I have stated the setting, my side has agreed to the early terms.  The other side is for FFC to fill out, should HE choose to participate...this cannot be moderated.

I was misunderstanding what was going on.  Thought we had the pool already.  

Just now, psygolf said:

It's turning into a water park 

Paying a little more attention to the number of people invited to the thread, it sure seems like it.  I'd love to participate (@FFCollusion I've never not finished first in points scored in my primary league, and I don't have a league yet this year), but it's looking like several of the people posting/mentioned are not going to be able to. 

44 minutes ago, jbshaw said:

I was misunderstanding what was going on.  Thought we had the pool already.  

We do have a pool, and u are IN @jbshaw 

I don't plan on booting anyone for psygolfs personal agenda.   If it works out to split into divisions for an interesting rivalry-  then cool.   Not the priority though.  

Its gonna be 12 or 14 depending on if FFC decides to join.   A lot of guys want him in so we will give it a little time- it is only April after all.  Either way,  it will be a great standard league with a lot of forum regulars.   Half these guys are in a .5 PPR with me already and it was my favorite league last year.     

Looking forward to competing with u all.  

Just now, Impreza178 said:

I don't plan on booting anyone for psygolfs personal agenda.   If it works out to split into divisions for an interesting rivalry-  then cool.   Not the priority though.  

Its gonna be 12 or 14 depending on if FFC decides to join.   A lot of guys want him in so we will give it a little time- it is only April after all.  Either way,  it will be a great standard league with a lot of forum regulars.   Half these guys are in a .5 PPR with me already and it was my favorite league last year.     

Well TY.  

Looking forward to testing myself against undoubtedly worthy competition.  

5 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

Maybe we should just let everyone in, pick captains and let them pick teams.   Division with the most wins vs the other division gets bragging rights on top of the normal standings.

X2.   Cool idea 

11 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

(chuckle) I'm out...this was a league proposition to FFC...prez, you were an invitee...not sure the how/why you assumed control.

1 hour ago, jbshaw said:

So we're fairly set on snake draft?  Always preferred auction when I can talk others into it, but that's hard to do without a live draft. 

Yeah i would say snake slow draft. Has worked well for us in the past, especially with work schedules and time zone restrictions. Plus its kind of fun to do over a few days, and usually a little earlier then the typical "draft season." But i agree i love a live auction draft, ever done a Draft Masters? We usually start firing them up after the draft

Just now, vikingapocalypse said:

Yeah i would say snake slow draft. Has worked well for us in the past, especially with work schedules and time zone restrictions. Plus its kind of fun to do over a few days, and usually a little earlier then they typical "draft season." But i agree i love a live auction draft, ever done a Draft Masters? We usually start firing them up after the draft

Have not (I've only been at this for 4 seasons).  Those are the best ball ones done right after the draft, right?  

1 minute ago, jbshaw said:

Have not (I've only been at this for 4 seasons).  Those are the best ball ones done right after the draft, right?  

Yes exactly. No pickups, trades or management, just best lineup every week. Usually auction. Usually a few early then a few throughout until draft season. Its a nice way to cure that draft itch early and figure out the landscape. Ive only done a few myself, but ive enjoyed them

If your interested, we'll be sure to let you know when we get one going.

Just now, vikingapocalypse said:

Yes exactly. No pickups, trades or management, just best lineup every week. Usually auction. Usually a few early then a few throughout until draft season. Its a nice way to cure that draft itch early and figure out the landscape. Ive only done a few myself, but ive enjoyed them

If your interested, we'll be sure to let you know when we get one going.

While my starters typically are drafted barring injury, I finish most seasons with half my team picked up/traded.  Best ball probably isn't for me. 

Archived