NBC Sports EDGE Forums

The Gold STANDARD League

Impreza178

23 minutes ago, psygolf said:

I believe his HR Dept. is currently accepting applications, setting interview appointments, & running backround checks.

The employee handbook is going to be a mother f---er if FFC is writing it.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

Good start fellas.  The original point of this is a forum standard league.   Things like 2 qb/return yardage/IDP/PPR  don't really fit that.   Those settings modify the rankings from a STANDARD league.    Everything else is on the table.  Here would be my choice of settings,  none of them are deal breakers if the majority favors other options:

12 teams 

standard

Qb

rb

rb

flex

wr

wr

te

d

k

Short bench- 5 or 6 players 

6 pt tds

4 pt passing tds

Up to 4 keepers 

I'm good with divisions-  PsyGolfs idea sounds fun.  

We are yet to hear from @FFCollusion or @boltup15.   Bolt- u are the one who initiated this challenge, and we know you are lurking.    Are u in or what?  

35f52b8351f7e57ea9ab69f27192d547_gif-bif

I like the sounds of these settings. More along the lines of a basic standard league. The bottom 4 questions also wouldnt be deal breakers for me, could go either way.

May be getting ahead of myself, not sure what exactly is going on here but no big deal if im too late.

48 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

No in season trades?  

cant see that flying.  

This is an actual league, any personal challenges are second fiddle.

unless im in the minority here

I think trades make a league better and just because a league has trades does not mean that everyone has to make them.  If someone doesn't care to trade then don't but I don't see why that has to stop the rest of the league from doing.

I may not make any trades all season but that doesn't mean I don't like having the option to.

58 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

No in season trades?  

cant see that flying.  

I'd be a fan of trades, but we run into the issue of veto rules.  I think all of us are on the up and up, but how are we handling commish?

13 minutes ago, jbshaw said:

I'd be a fan of trades, but we run into the issue of veto rules.  I think all of us are on the up and up, but how are we handling commish?

I'm not sure there should be any vetos allowed.  I can't imagine there being any collusion with this group and if any trades look lopsided then that's on them.  I've never been a fan of vetos.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

I'm not sure there should be any vetos allowed.  I can't imagine there being any collusion with this group and if any trades look lopsided then that's on them.  I've never been a fan of vetos.

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best. 

12 minutes ago, jbshaw said:

I think we take today and finalize our membership, any concerns or questions, general parameters.  

Then if anyone wants to bail we fill the spot-  that will not be hard.

final voting on rule specifics the next few days, including commish.  Almost impossible to pull off some ridiculous trade in a league like this.   

1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

No in season trades?  

cant see that flying.  

Nobody loves trading more than me, but I've never played ff with anyone that had "collusion" in their username before.

33 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

I think we take today and finalize our membership, any concerns or questions, general parameters. 

Why the rush?  Lets get FFC in!  I know this is supposed to be psy's guys vs FFC's guys but the ESPN vs Rotoworld thing sounds fun too.

7 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

Why the rush?  Lets get FFC in!  I know this is supposed to be psy's guys vs FFC's guys but the ESPN vs Rotoworld thing sounds fun too.

Sounds good IC.  I'm a "get it done" guy so u gotta check me lol

would like to get him in too

1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

Then if anyone wants to bail we fill the spot-  that will not be hard.

final voting on rule specifics the next few days, including commish.  Almost impossible to pull off some ridiculous trade in a league like this.   

This was my thinking as well.  I think everyone is experienced enough that there shouldn't be any terrible trades.

I'd be a fan of a 3 people co-commishing (with 2 alternates incase 2 cocommishes are trading), with a 2/3 decision on any mid-year trade matters.  Like I said, don't expect it to be used, but better safe than sorry.

ETA:  As far as draft format, I'd strongly prefer live draft if we can schedule so I can set aside some time and take care of it, but I can make a forum board draft work.  

15 minutes ago, jbshaw said:

I'd strongly prefer live draft if we can schedule so I can set aside some time and take care of it, but I can make a forum board draft work.  

when we did the ROTO league draft last year as a slow draft on the "your league" thread it worked great.  It actually went a lot faster then expected, if you go check that thread out, i think its a process you would like.  Each owner gets plenty of time to make each pick. so no ones really rushed to be at a set time just to draft.  You can basically check in once to twice a day and get a feel for when you turn is, then prepare from there.  Its way more stress free then trying to get all of us together for a live draft, IMO.  You basically check in, cross off the names of the players picked from your rankings, make a pick, then wait a while.

I will have at least 9 leagues going and most of the redrafts i do will be packed into drafting late August.  For owners with multiple leagues like myself, it gets even harder to pin down a set live draft time.  

2 hours ago, psygolf said:

Nobody loves trading more than me, but I've never played ff with anyone that had "collusion" in their username before.

U get Pete, Blake, and myself in your division...one cannot simply collude and overcome that advantage 

:D

17 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

U get Pete, Blake, and myself in your division...one cannot simply collude and overcome that advantage 

:D

Must resist urge to point out that can be read as you, Blake, and Pete being free wins. 

34 minutes ago, BlakeP42 said:

when we did the ROTO league draft last year as a slow draft on the "your league" thread it worked great.  It actually went a lot faster then expected

14 teams, 17 rounds.  It took 5 days.  

EDIT:  I attribute 3 of those days to waiting for @bhawks489 to pick. 

Also, for slow drafts we use Clickyboard typically to keep track.  This is our draft board from last season:

https://clickydraft.com/draftapp/board/42706

Usually the commish and one or two other owners update the board as picks are made, it's pretty easy to keep track of what is going on that way.

Once the draft is over we just import the rosters into Yahoo.

Archived