Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

The Gold STANDARD League


Impreza178

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, jbshaw said:

Not a fan of 2 QB leagues, but not a dealbreaker for me. 

 

So what is the point of this?  I know obviously to compete with each other, but there was something about psy and ffc using us to prove points to each other?  

 

When are we thinking draft?  Free or fee (I'm unemployed atm so don't want to do big money)?  What platform? General draft date (I'd prefer close to start of preseason)? H2H, points, or hybrid? 

Thinking $25 max

platform can be either.   Yahoo does hold money for free and has a fantastic mobile message app.  We use it year round in the forum .5 PPR league. 

Draft date will be typical-  august

H2H.    We are here to beat each other and crow about it lol 

 

@Winky

@Iron-cock

glad to hear it fellas

 

@joshua18

 damn I'd love to beat u lol 

 

@mrblonde1984

@vikingapocalypse

@Dreams And Dwightmares

@smeeze

@Rolling Thunder

@1972Miamidolphins

what say u gents?   Up for a standard?

 

so far we have:

prez

pete

psy

blake

jbshaw

Iron C

Winky

Mavis

dabeesta

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Good start fellas.  The original point of this is a forum standard league.   Things like 2 qb/return yardage/IDP/PPR  don't really fit that.   Those settings modify the rankings from a STANDARD league.    Everything else is on the table.  Here would be my choice of settings,  none of them are deal breakers if the majority favors other options:

 

12 teams 

standard

Qb

rb

rb

flex

wr

wr

te

d

k

 

Short bench- 5 or 6 players 

6 pt tds

4 pt passing tds

Up to 4 keepers 

I'm good with divisions-  PsyGolfs idea sounds fun.  

 

 

We are yet to hear from @FFCollusion or @boltup15.   Bolt- u are the one who initiated this challenge, and we know you are lurking.    Are u in or what?  

35f52b8351f7e57ea9ab69f27192d547_gif-bif

 

Count me in.

 

This may affect my posting in these forums.... I can't give you guys my analysis or you guys might have a chance at beating me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

so far we have:

prez

pete

psy

blake

jbshaw

Iron C

Winky

Mavis

dabeesta

Boltup (not a chicken afterall!)

Bartos

 

 

7 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

This may affect my posting in these forums.... 

Promise?  :D

j/k man

 

@Bartos

glad to hear it 

 

do u guys have settings preferences? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Thinking $25 max

platform can be either.   Yahoo does hold money for free and has a fantastic mobile message app.  We use it year round in the forum .5 PPR league. 

Draft date will be typical-  august

H2H.    We are here to beat each other and crow about it lol 

 

@Winky

@Iron-cock

glad to hear it fellas

 

@joshua18

 damn I'd love to beat u lol 

 

@mrblonde1984

@vikingapocalypse

@Dreams And Dwightmares

@smeeze

@Rolling Thunder

@1972Miamidolphins

what say u gents?   Up for a standard?

 

so far we have:

prez

pete

psy

blake

jbshaw

Iron C

Winky

Mavis

dabeesta

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'll play. I have no preference for settings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

Thinking $25 max

platform can be either.   Yahoo does hold money for free and has a fantastic mobile message app.  We use it year round in the forum .5 PPR league. 

Draft date will be typical-  august

H2H.    We are here to beat each other and crow about it lol 

 

@joshua18

 damn I'd love to beat u lol 

 

 

 

Isn't he busy next year?

 

internetdoctor.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I'm up for it.  Would this be a live, one day draft?  Could be tough finding a day that works for all of us.

slow draft here on a thread would be a good way for all involved.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agreed Hawk-  one day isn't necessary.   We have always done a slow draft in the thread with a draft board linked and updated.    3-4 hr time limit per pick,  with a break overnight.   It usually goes much faster than that.   4 days we got the last one done in.   

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Agreed Hawk-  one day isn't necessary.   We have always done a slow draft in the thread with a draft board linked and updated.    3-4 hr time limit per pick,  with a break overnight.   It usually goes much faster than that.   4 days we got the last one done in.   

 

 

 

That works for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It'll only go forward for me, if & when ffc hand-picks his 5 guys.  And only if it's a late Aug draft, w/no trades in-season trades.

 

No offense meant, and if that means I've disqualified myself that's ok.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Iron-cock said:

 

Hand picks which 5 guys?  What does this mean?

 

I picked my espn brethren to be placed in a division with FFC, he can pick the guys from this site to be placed in my division.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Iron-cock said:

 

ESPN invasion people vs Rotoworld OG posters?  I'll be in FFC's division, if he'll take me.

 

 

I believe his HR Dept. is currently accepting applications, setting interview appointments, & running backround checks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, psygolf said:

It'll only go forward for me, if & when ffc hand-picks his 5 guys.  And only if it's a late Aug draft, w/no trades in-season trades.

 

No offense meant, and if that means I've disqualified myself that's ok.

 

No in season trades?  

cant see that flying.  

This is an actual league, any personal challenges are second fiddle.

unless im in the minority here

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...