NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Rotoworld Software Upgrade Questions and Feedback

2 minutes ago, Sun Tzu said:

I'm glad signatures have been restored, but how are they modified?

Click on your display name in the top right of the window --> Select "Account Settings" --> Click on "Signature" in the left-side column.

• Like 1

I've been having some issues with the reply and quote functions on my mobile phone. I tried submitting this reply from my phone, but it wouldn't let me type inside of the text box or submit correctly. Had to post this from a shared desktop. :( Could there be an issue with the phone itself? It is an older phone, so maybe it's that. P.S. I do like this new upgrade so far. This was the only issue I've had with it.:)

Edited by AndyReidMustGo...Now
spelling error

18 minutes ago, The Harsh said:

I don't believe so, but what exactly are you trying to do?

Cross site scripting, SQL injection, etc.

Just kidding.

Typically when I would quote someone who wrote a text wall I'd open it up in source view to delete most of it.  The reason for that was one extra delete near the top would wipe out the entire quote (the quote tag in source view) and screw up the formatting.

It looks like this has been fixed with the upgrade.  If I press delete near the top of a quote by accident it doesn't wipe out the whole thing, which is an improvement.

The other time I'd use it is if the formatting got screwed up somehow after cutting and pasting from another website.  It looks like there is a handy "Remove formatting" feature built in now, which is nice.

4 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I'm seeing who has liked each post.  Not an issue.  Can you show screen shot?

You can see in the notifications it just says "somebody" liked your post:

WlDHKKY.png

And on the posts themselves it just indicates how many likes, not who liked it:

UYDLs4J.png

17 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

Cross site scripting, SQL injection, etc.

Just kidding.

Typically when I would quote someone who wrote a text wall I'd open it up in source view to delete most of it.  The reason for that was one extra delete near the top would wipe out the entire quote (the quote tag in source view) and screw up the formatting.

It looks like this has been fixed with the upgrade.  If I press delete near the top of a quote by accident it doesn't wipe out the whole thing, which is an improvement.

The other time I'd use it is if the formatting got screwed up somehow after cutting and pasting from another website.  It looks like there is a handy "Remove formatting" feature built in now, which is nice.

Just asked our guys on the IP.Board side. Unfortunately, source editing is barred below admin-level.

On the bright side, "likes" are public again, so you guys can cook up all the Facebook drama you want now...

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, smeeze said:

You can see in the notifications it just says "somebody" liked your post:

WlDHKKY.png

And on the posts themselves it just indicates how many likes, not who liked it:

UYDLs4J.png

Try restarting your browser.  Mine was like that on mobile but after my first PC sign in, I can see who is liking my posts

9 minutes ago, The Harsh said:

Just asked our guys on the IP.Board side. Unfortunately, source editing is barred below admin-level.

On the bright side, "likes" are public again, so you guys can cook up all the Facebook drama you want now...

That works, seems like everything is pretty smooth on the front end so there is no need for the source editing anymore.  Yey!

Glad likes are public again.

I'll probably get used to it, but my initial reaction is that I don't like it. It has more to do with being used to and comfortable with the old format than anything else. I also don't like how BIG everything this on my screen now on RW. The old forum was normal, to me, compared to other message boards. Everything on the updated RW is so big now...not a fan of that at all. I wish it would go back to same font size, message size, etc. 

7 minutes ago, svdude said:

Will the feature to go to the last unread post in a topic come back?  By far the most useful feature for me.

That should already be available for all new content post-upgrade.

2 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I'll probably get used to it, but my initial reaction is that I don't like it. It has more to do with being used to and comfortable with the old format than anything else. I also don't like how BIG everything this on my screen now on RW. The old forum was normal, to me, compared to other message boards. Everything on the updated RW is so big now...not a fan of that at all. I wish it would go back to same font size, message size, etc. 

Give it a few days and explore. We're all still finding our footing. I'm confident you guys will agree this was a step in the right direction in a month's time.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, your issue with the site's size would easily be fixed by zooming in or out.

Just now, The Harsh said:

Give it a few days and explore. We're all still finding our footing. I'm confident you guys will agree this was a step in the right direction in a month's time.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, your issue with the site's size would easily be fixed by zooming in or out.

I'm not tech savvy enough to do that for just this website, LOL!! I'll poke around and see if there is an option in the settings and such. I feel like a grandpa reading his large print books, LOL.

Not to be all negative, I had a notification that popped up when you quoted me...that was cool. I liked that. I also got a notification in my notification list that someone quoted me in a thread that I haven't been back to in a while and probably wouldn't have gone back to (Carlos Gomez), so I really like that, too. 

The biggest thing for most, I'm guessing, is just getting used to the new format. If I can find a way to zoom out on here, that would be awesome. But if not, once I'm used to it, it'll be cool. 

6 minutes ago, The Harsh said:

That should already be available for all new content post-upgrade.

Just to confirm, I am still having trouble going to the last unread post. Every time I click on a thread, even if ibe already ready through it on mobile, I get sent to the 1st page. I just tried it on this thread and yep, 1st page.  Anyone else till having this problem?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wtb88 said:

Just to confirm, I am still having trouble going to the last unread post. Every time I click on a thread, even if ibe already ready through it on mobile, I get sent to the 1st page. I just tried it on this thread and yep, 1st page.  Anyone else till having this problem?

Not working for me either.  Tried closing browser and coming back in.  If I click on topic, just go to 1st page.  If I click on last page, just taken to last page at top.  No option, where there used to be to select "Go to last unread".  

Edited by svdude
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, wtb88 said:

8 minutes ago, svdude said:

Not working for me either.  

There should be a bright red dot (or star, if the thread is very active) right next to the thread title for any thread with content you've yet to read. Do you guys see it? If so, that'll take you to the earliest unread post.

• Like 2

I love new things but this new interface isn't working for me.  Keeps skipping around.  Anyone else having issues? Are we the beta testers?  When I get to the bottom of reading the replies, I see page 2 of another post!  wtf?

Edited by Mobdad

A couple of things I've noticed...

1. When I want to reply to an topic, it automatically shows whatever I quoted earlier in the topic. For instance, when I quoted and replied to The Harsh, that message showed up when I just clicked on the reply box just now. 

2. When I refresh a page, it automatically takes me to the top of the page rather than just putting me back where I was to start with. 

Something that wasn't available on the old website and isn't available on the updated version that I would like to suggest (if possible) is the ability to edit a post after someone replies to it. I can edit a message right after I post it, but if someone else replies in that thread, the option is gone. If I wait to long, the option is gone. I think the ability to edit a post anytime is useful. I might get numbers mixed up or might have a typo or something like that, and it would be good to go back and correct it after someone points it out or if I happen to see it after someone has already replied to the thread. 

5 minutes ago, The Harsh said:

There should be a bright red dot (or star, if the thread is very active) right next to the thread title for any thread with content you've yet to read. Do you guys see it? If so, that'll take you to the earliest unread post.

It's there on mine. The red dot is for threads I haven't written in, and the red star is for the threads in which I've replied.