Rotisserie Mock Draft 2015-16 Season Version 1: Discussion Thread

Fellas, if you want to set up another mock draft, please create a new thread. This one has already been set and it will get confusing if we have multiple mock drafts going on in one thread at the same time.

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fellas, if you want to set up another mock draft, please create a new thread. This one has already been set and it will get confusing if we have multiple mock drafts going on in one thread at the same time.

I think it's best to open a new thread too!

but i've had some work looking for the H2H participants and now my post its gone...

not cool... :angry: :angry: :angry:

for H2H offseason mock go to this thread: http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=525885

Why not just make the Roto one a 20-team draft?

Eh, I'd be against it.

1) It would go against the purpose of serving as a tool for board members to use since 20 team drafts are a very small minority of leagues

2) The chances of 1-2 people constantly holding up the draft in a 12 team league are decent enough. In a 20, it's a sure thing, and people on the ends might become fairly discouraged when they don't get a pick in for 2 days.

I think it's best to open a new thread too!

but i've had some work looking for the H2H participants and now my post its gone...

not cool... :angry: :angry: :angry:

for H2H offseason mock go to this thread: http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=525885

My mistake on my original post. We usually do one mock draft at a time, which eliminates any confusion and keeps it simple for rw members. So we'll allow the roto mock to come to completion before you set another mock draft in motion.

If someone wants to keep a record of those who would like to participate in the h2h mock draft, that would be great. I'm going to shut down the other h2h thread. Thanks.

Ok this is the list I got when I randomised the numbers on https://www.random.org/lists/

1. Ganandorf

2. v1n5anity

3. Ajax

4. Superjew

5. young_styler

6. brockpapersizer

7. terribleswedes

8. Kaboom

9. theantishere

10. CoH

11. x_Nemesis_x

12. TOAA

Picking last. Not bad. I just rounded up my late 1st round candidates and my options extend out to 2nd round. I'd probably trade down if I get assigned a mid-rd spot in my real drafts.

Ok this is the list I got when I randomised the numbers on https://www.random.org/lists/

1. Ganandorf

2. v1n5anity

3. Ajax

4. Superjew

5. young_styler

6. brockpapersizer

7. terribleswedes

8. Kaboom

9. theantishere

10. CoH

11. x_Nemesis_x

12. TOAA

Picking last. Not bad. I just rounded up my late 1st round candidates and my options extend out to 2nd round. I'd probably trade down if I get assigned a mid-rd spot in my real drafts.

I like picking in the middle generally. In real drafts you find great value there and in these forum drafts, I tend to keep the draft moving. You need the most active people drafting in the middle generally.

Wouldn't have minded starting with AD tho :(. Maybe he falls?

1. Ganandorf

2. v1n5anity

3. Ajax

4. Superjew

5. young_styler

6. brockpapersizer

7. terribleswedes

8. Kaboom

9. theantishere

10. CoH

11. x_Nemesis_x

12. TOAA

I like picking in the middle generally. In real drafts you find great value there and in these forum drafts, I tend to keep the draft moving. You need the most active people drafting in the middle generally.

He ain't falling past me.....though I doubt he gets to me.

1. Ganandorf

2. v1n5anity

3. Ajax

4. Superjew

5. young_styler

6. brockpapersizer

7. terribleswedes

8. Kaboom

9. theantishere

10. CoH

11. x_Nemesis_x

12. TOAA

I was joking. He's the consensus #1 pick this year I think. #2 pick is a decision between Harden/Curry, and then 3rd pick is whoever doesn't get taken there. I feel like 90% of drafts go like that this year.

Fellas, as a refresher I'm posting some mock draft rules below that I used for one last year. Since we have a couple of weeks to go, I figure we can discuss/tweak these if necessary. This is a slightly modified/updated set of original rules that TOAA posted for one he did a couple seasons ago. Props to TOAA for originally posting these rules:

- We'll have two threads:

1) This "discussion" thread to, er, discuss and analyze picks, players, etc. Please do not discuss unpicked players.

2) A separate "picks only" thread to post current picks and team rosters. Posting should be done in the format below:

Round 1:

1) team name here - picked player name here
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)

Team name

PG:
SG:
G:
SF:
PF: Picked player name goes here (1.1)
F:
C:
C:
UT:
UT:
Bench:
Bench:
Bench:

- Post the current round only. We’ll slap together and post the entire draft upon completion.

- League settings: 12-Team Roto 9-cat (PTS, REB, AST, 3PM, STL, BLK, FG%, FT%, TO).

- Drafting hours are Monday through Friday, from 8am PST/ 11am EST to 6pm PST/ 9pm EST. You get 3 hours on the clock (OTC) before a pick will be made for you. On weekends, this time frame will be extended to 6 hours. If you are unable to make a pick within your allotted time, an auto-pick will be made for you.

- You are obligated to make picks, if OTC, during drafting hours. Picks may be made outside of this time frame but aren’t mandatory. You will be subject to replacement for too many auto-picks.

- If you are going to be OTC soon (e.g. 2-3 picks away) and know you will be away, leave a pick queue (e.g. 3-4 players) or target list with another drafting member who can't snipe you. If you don't know who to leave this list with, post on this thread your need to leave a list.

- After making your pick, you must private message (PM) the next GM, who is now OTC.

- This is a snake draft, so post accordingly and turn dudes pick twice.

- Have fun!

1. Ganandorf

2. v1n5anity

3. Ajax

4. Superjew

5. young_styler

6. brockpapersizer

7. terribleswedes

8. Kaboom

9. theantishere

10. CoH

11. x_Nemesis_x

12. TOAA

I like picking in the middle generally. In real drafts you find great value there and in these forum drafts, I tend to keep the draft moving. You need the most active people drafting in the middle generally. Wouldn't have minded starting with AD tho :(. Maybe he falls?

I was joking. He's the consensus #1 pick this year I think. #2 pick is a decision between Harden/Curry, and then 3rd pick is whoever doesn't get taken there. I feel like 90% of drafts go like that this year.

AD's stats are so gangster he still finished top 2 in totals production even though he only played in 68 games versus the 79 games or more by the other top players. His fantasy game is so gangster his "risks" is even, if not outweighs, the stability and consistency of the other perennial top picks.

After extensive research and going deep into benches I have decided on this years SLEEPER PICK OF 2015. I will release my pick right here, right now so everyone get ready. Here it is.....

Robert Upshaw

This 7' 260lb center will surprise this season and dominate the minutes at the center position on the Lakers. He will do this by being efficient on the offensive end and DOMINANT on the defensive end. He will win the blocked shots stat for whoever is lucky enough to roster him on their fantasy team. You heard it here first folks. WRITE IT DOWN AND CIRCLE THE NAME.

After extensive research and going deep into benches I have decided on this years SLEEPER PICK OF 2015. I will release my pick right here, right now so everyone get ready. Here it is.....

Robert Upshaw

This 7' 260lb center will surprise this season and dominate the minutes at the center position on the Lakers. He will do this by being efficient on the offensive end and DOMINANT on the defensive end. He will win the blocked shots stat for whoever is lucky enough to roster him on their fantasy team. You heard it here first folks. WRITE IT DOWN AND CIRCLE THE NAME.

Sounds legit.

Robert Upshaw

You're late.

S

Robert Upshaw

I don't understand how he's going to have fantasy relevance with Bass averaging 20-10 and Clarkson maintaining his godly usage from last year. Throw in Kobe, Russell, Randle, and Upshaw.

I think this team could rival the Dream Team.

In all seriousness, I'm sensing a pattern with your sleepers...

:ph34r::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

S

Robert Upshaw

I don't understand how he's going to have fantasy relevance with Bass averaging 20-10 and Clarkson maintaining his godly usage from last year. Throw in Kobe, Russell, Randle, and Upshaw.

:ph34r::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

S

Robert Upshaw

The 95-96 Bulls team's 72 win season could fall to the Lakers this year with all these future All-Stars on their roster.

Robert Upshaw

This is more than Ridiculous.

the 20th sounds good to me. i dont remember from last year's mocks, did we make separate lists to determine draft order or were the sign up lists essentially the order as well? either way is fine by me.

Last year Young_Styler used a randomizer to determine draft order. Young, you good again?

Yeah, I'll be glad to do that soon.

So we will start the mock next Monday?

the 20th sounds good to me. i dont remember from last year's mocks, did we make separate lists to determine draft order or were the sign up lists essentially the order as well? either way is fine by me.

Last year Young_Styler used a randomizer to determine draft order. Young, you good again?
Yeah, I'll be glad to do that soon.

So we will start the mock next Monday?

That's the plan

Archived