NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jimmy Nelson - SP MIL

deuce4off

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without riots in Milwaukee... What is the latest they could bring him up this year? Can't see them keeping him down if estrada blows up again. But I mean, I can't really understand why he is still down in the first place. What is the hold up my dude?

I follow the Brewers pretty closely and listen to local media. From what I hear there aren't any immediate plans to bring him up, it seems like management is going to give Estrada more time to screw up. Very frustrating. Yesterday on sports radio our "Brewers insider" said that it wouldn't be out of the question to see Nelson get called up to help with the bullpen which is in desperate need of another good righty.

Baffling how an organization would just hold down a potential ace and simply settle for a mediocre starter for no reason. Dump Estrada into the pen and bring up Jimmy already, its really not that hard.

outstanding numbers for the PCL (or any league actually). why is he still at AAA? potential to be the Ace of the Brewers staff over Gallardo, Lohse, Garza and Peralta

The Brewers lead in the N.L. Central has been shrinking yet he remains at Nashville ... puzzling

Did Dan Straily change his name to Jimmy Nelson?

Straily's fastball leaves a lot to be desired. Not the case with Nelson.

Estrada doing what he does best right now. Giving up the gopher ball.

I do like Nelson's arsenal a good deal more. I just remember everyone clamoring for Straily back in 2012, "but he is destroying the PCL!"

Let's see, Nelson is a lot older than his competition...

7300857175b1e737b4c3f585b228222a_normal.jpegAndrew Gruman @AndrewGruman · 49m

Ron Roenicke says there have been "a lot of discussions" about bringing Jimmy Nelson up from Triple-A.

·

Ron Roenicke on Jimmy Nelson: "He's doing everything he can to make us want to bring him up, and that's why all the discussions."

7300857175b1e737b4c3f585b228222a_normal.jpeg

·

Roenicke was short when asked about Marco Estrada's spot in the rotation: "We'll see"

im in 2 leagues, and one of the leagues (both yahoo) he is owned, then the other league it says the player is not found. can anyone explain this? not sure where else to ask besides a jimmy nelson board.

Bob Dutton of the Tacoma News Tribune reports that "several clubs, including Milwaukee," are showing interest in Erasmo Ramirez.

Ugh.

X2. Sigh. Especially since Wily P is struggling..they need him( Nelson).

I'm assuming your league has only SP/RP spots? He only qualifies at P in yahoo...

we can search for P, but he doesnt come up in that, but yes my other league only has SP and RP spots. but can still search for P spots. is that possibily why? not sure how to find him

I'm assuming your league has only SP/RP spots? He only qualifies at P in yahoo...

we can search for P, but he doesnt come up in that, but yes my other league only has SP and RP spots. but can still search for P spots. is that possibily why? not sure how to find him

You might be able to search for him, but he can't be picked up in a league that has SP and RP only because he is listed as only a "P"...

Bob Dutton of the Tacoma News Tribune reports that "several clubs, including Milwaukee," are showing interest in Erasmo Ramirez.

Ugh.

X2. Sigh. Especially since Wily P is struggling..they need him( Nelson).

Eraserhead needs more seasoning. I don't think he would affect Jimmy

Archived