NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jimmy Nelson - SP MIL

deuce4off

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's his innings limit this year? Possible he gets shut down during fantasy playoffs?

He threw 162 innings last year. He's a big dude, and already 25, so I wouldn't be surprised if he approached 200. Especially if he's dealing when he's recalled.

Dudes killing aaa Coors field league, when is this guy seriously coming up lol his stuff is beyond aaa level and he's making batters look stupid, once he's up no way they shut him down, will be used like sonny gray last year and will pitch ino the playoffs IMO

I like him more than Heaney for 2 reasons , better arsenal, and no innings limit , and he plays for a better team too, .

Heaney better control but inning limit messes his value up big time IMO

Leave it to the Brewers to screw this up!

Who was the last big brewers pitching prospect?

It's can't be Yoga? Can it be?

I went looking. Gallardo was the last good pitcher they had come through the system !

Since 2007

Wow

as someone who owns Nelson (deep league) I would love to see Nelson get called up and get a permanent spot in the rotation. but who does he replace? I imagine the only option would be Estrada. I thought for sure it was done deal after 7 ER in Colorado, but then in his last start he only gave up 2 ER in 6.1 IP. he pitches tomorrow at Toronto, so there is potential for something ugly there. but if they didn't remove him after Colorado then I can't imagine they remove him after a bad game at Toronto, so chances are it's still a waiting game for a little longer at least.

unless the Brewers would consider a 6 man rotation.

I'm thinking if Estrada gives up 3+ runs in 5 innings or less tomorrow that Jimmy Nelson will make his next start with the Brewers. I see that possibly happening. Certainly not a sure thing. Similarly, neither is it a sure thing that he doesn't blow up far worse than 3 runs in 5 innings against a team like Toronto so I'm speculating on Nelson. Just scooped him and I feel at ease haha.

Its like the Jose Fernandez dream from 2013. U want Nelson to be that next guy, and he's blocked by Marco F. Estrada.

LOL

Liked being blocked by Joe Blanton or Dan Haren or ________ insert any bum pitcher who ticks you off more than anyone!

Its like the Jose Fernandez dream from 2013. U want Nelson to be that next guy, and he's blocked by Marco F. Estrada.

LOL

Liked being blocked by Joe Blanton or Dan Haren or ________ insert any bum pitcher who ticks you off more than anyone!

Don't really think haren deserves to be in that group but I know what your saying

Archived