NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jimmy Nelson - SP MIL

deuce4off

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Estrada somehow held on into the 6th inning, but his final line was still brutal.

5.2 IP, 10 h, 7 ER, 1 bb, 7 k

I cannot imagine this installs much confidence. That said, Nelson is scheduled to pitch tomorrow, so we should know something by then. You have to think they just skip his start tomorrow and let him take Estrada's next start.

Estrada somehow held on into the 6th inning, but his final line was still brutal.

I cannot imagine this installs much confidence. That said, Nelson is scheduled to pitch tomorrow, so we should know something by then. You have to think they just skip his start tomorrow and let him take Estrada's next start.

We can only hope

If the Brewers have Nelson pegged to take Estrada's spot in the rotation he will probably go ahead with his start tomorrow but it will probably only be for 5 or less innings.

If the Brewers have Nelson pegged to take Estrada's spot in the rotation he will probably go ahead with his start tomorrow but it will probably only be for 5 or less innings.

Very possible, though the Brewers don't have an off day next week, so if they throw Nelson tomorrow, then he comes back on short rest, so they probably would need to cap him at like 60 pitches or something.... or they could skip him and actually slot Nelson in a little earlier in the rotation.

Regardless, the more important thing is that Nelson's start tomorrow will tell us something about the Estrada decision.

I am for some reason facing Estrada tonight, and I have Jimmy Nelson!!! #Doublewhammy

How stoned was your opponent? luckyyyy

I think Jimmy gets called up next week. #ItsComing

I'm not sure but I wish I had what he was having!

are we still expecting estrada to get bumped this week?

I think we might have heard by now if Estrada was not making another start. My random guess is one more start for Estrada (and he gets hit hard) and then Nelson comes up.

Afternoon game today in Milwaukee. Definitely will be keeping an eye on Estrada's start....I think this is his last chance to turn it around before we see Jimmy.

Here is hoping that Estrada gets hammered...

This would be two-fold for me:

1. I own Nelson in one league...

2. In my other league, I own the Nationals...

Archived