Rotoworld Basketball Forum H2H League

w00funk

I have made into polls, the 3 most pressing issues that we need to decide. I reserve the right to make decisions if there is no consensus or if the democratic way becomes too inefficient. Only participate in the poll if you are a manager!

Discuss/address any issues regarding the league.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have made into polls, the 3 most pressing issues that we need to decide. I reserve the right to make decisions if there is no consensus or if the democratic way becomes too inefficient. Only participate in the poll if you are a manager!

Discuss/address any issues regarding the league.

And to keep an accurate head count, please reply in the thread stating that you have voted on the 3 polls above.

My Saturdays are cool if it's going to be around 8 EST. 4 is a little trickier but as it's a live one time draft, I will accomodate. Sunday's are trickier because of football and the amount of attention needed to monitor all the games. I play versus a lot of guys with hair trigger mouse fingers.

If it's a Dynasty I would recommend 16. Keeper, 16 or 20.

I have voted

Voted for Keeper since dynasty would means no draft right? I haven't played in any dynasty leagues so don't know. But I'm ok with trying anything.

Voted 16, let's keep some players available for some waivers pick up or something.

Voted any drafting times just as long as it is on Sunday.

Saturdays only if before 12 pm california time and after 6 pm california time.

One more poll up about more cats being added to the league? At least just to make it official that everyone is agreed to the settings in the league.

Voted for Keeper since dynasty would means no draft right? I haven't played in any dynasty leagues so don't know. But I'm ok with trying anything.

Voted 16, let's keep some players available for some waivers pick up or something.

Voted any drafting times just as long as it is on Sunday.

Saturdays only if before 12 pm california time and after 6 pm california time.

One more poll up about more cats being added to the league? At least just to make it official that everyone is agreed to the settings in the league.

Could you propose a specific cat or cats to be added so we can consider them? I would like couple managers to second this suggestion, before we put it up for vote because I have a feeling that most of us will not like the idea.

We all like to try new things but as experienced managers going up against other experienced managers, I feel like we don't want to throw in variable unknowns. I have played in leagues in 8 cat std all the way to 18 cats (in addition to standard 9 cat, MPG, 3pt%, FTM, FGM, FTA, FGA, PF, DD, A/T, and one league even counted Technical fouls), but I found them to be very random or very redundant. Putting in 1-2 new cats can also change the dynamics of the league and player rankings completely (for examples, adding ftm and fgm will give significant boost in value to high volume shooters, which are mostly guards and wingmen. I think only possible change we could make is replace TO with A/T, but even that will increase values of pgs vastly (CP3 and lebron will be ahead of KD, Deron/Nash/Kidd would be first round value).

If other managers disagree and would like to add new cats, feel free to speak out. If we get couple other managers to support the idea, we'll take a vote.

btw, how do you add or edit the polls? Am I just a n00b or is that not allowed?

I voted. As for adding categories, I'd vote for standard 9-cat. I wouldn't mind a huge amount adding other categories if they're reasonable, but I'm inclined to go with the standard 9 just because mentally having to recalculate every player's value for a new league is tricky.

I voted. As for adding categories, I'd vote for standard 9-cat. I wouldn't mind a huge amount adding other categories if they're reasonable, but I'm inclined to go with the standard 9 just because mentally having to recalculate every player's value for a new league is tricky.

Hey rico381, have you created your team in the league yet? We are still 2 managers short and I don't see your team...

As far as cats, I'd prefer keeping it a 9 cat league for rico381's reason. Beyond that I think extra cats can be redundant and excessively complicated. I don't want the math to outweigh the fun B)

For that matter I never understood why TOs are counted. Sure it penalizes those who are sloppy with the ball but ALSO those who dish to teammates often, particularly guards because passing intrinsically raises the risk of steals.

As far as cats, I'd prefer keeping it a 9 cat league for rico381's reason. Beyond that I think extra cats can be redundant and excessively complicated. I don't want the math to outweigh the fun B)

For that matter I never understood why TOs are counted. Sure it penalizes those who are sloppy with the ball but ALSO those who dish to teammates often, particularly guards because passing intrinsically raises the risk of steals.

TOs often lead to fastbreak points for the other team, which could be a huge swing in close games. So therefore TOs should be counted in fantasy because it is just as important in real life NBA games as say points and assists.

we are still 1 short of having a full league. Are we still waiting for someone to sign up or should we post it up and get one more person in the league?

The polls looking somewhat clear already too. 10-1 keeper. 10-1 16 teams league. Most people want standard 9-cats so let's just roll with that.

Now we just need to decide what day to do the draft. 10/24 Sun is in the lead right now with 8.

we are still 1 short of having a full league. Are we still waiting for someone to sign up or should we post it up and get one more person in the league?

The polls looking somewhat clear already too. 10-1 keeper. 10-1 16 teams league. Most people want standard 9-cats so let's just roll with that.

Now we just need to decide what day to do the draft. 10/24 Sun is in the lead right now with 8.

I have sent out couple more invites to those who showed late interest in the league. Whoever joins first will be the last manager of the league. And the polls do seem pretty set. The draft is looking like 10/24, right before the start of the season, and it will likely be in the evening.

Also, I think that knowing your draft position prior to the draft might be really helpful in planning for it. We could also make draft pick trades before the draft begins. The way we can go about determining the draft order is having a neutral 3rd party from the forum (perhaps a moderator) run the 16 teams through an online randomizer (such as http://www.random.org/lists/), and post it here. Barring significant protest, I will probably go through with this in the next couple of weeks.

Archived